– The amount of money you bet over a given period.
-A specific type of roulette wheel construction that works electronically with air pressure.
– Roulette wheel that has 0 and 00 pockets and a number sequence of (clockwise starting with 0):
0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1, 00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2.
– The outer, stationary rim of the roulette wheel where the ball is spun. Also called the ball-track.
– The outer, stationary rim of the roulette wheel where the ball is spun.
– The total amount of money a gambler sets aside with which to gamble.
– A Big Number that continues through long-term analysis and produced by Biased Wheels.
– A roulette wheel that has an imperfection that causes certain numbers or sections of numbers to appear at a higher frequency than is possible
– A number that has hit more than its theoretical average. Long-term “Big Numbers” may be indicative of a Biased Wheel.
– A bet made with a black ($100) chip.
– A wager that the colour of the next number will be black.
– Chips valued at $100.
– The slanting, stationary, inner area of a roulette wheel down which the ball slides before bouncing onto the wheel head and into a pocket.
Cancellation Betting System
– A betting system using a series of numbers that cancels numbers after winning a bet and adds numbers after losing a bet.
Capping a Bet
– Illegally adding more chips to a bet that has already won.
– French term for the Corner Bet or a bet that four numbers in a given segment of the layout will win
– The edge, usually shown as a percentage that the house has over the player.
– Increasing your bets in order to recoup what you’ve lost. A dangerous and unrewarding style of play.
– French for the Split Bet, or a single bet that one of two particular numbers will hit on the next spin.
– A game where neither the player nor the house has been winning consistently or, a game where no discernible streaks have been
– Any table where you and/or other players have been losing.
– The French term for Column Bet or a bet on one of the columns of 12 numbers on the layout.
– A bet on one of the columns of 12 numbers on the layout.
– A bet with one chip or more chips on two or more numbers.
– A bet that four numbers in a given segment of the layout will win.
– The casino employee who staffs the games offered.
– A French term for last and refers to the last group of 12 numbers in the Dozen Bet.
– French term for the Dozen Bet.
– A bet on one of the sequences of 12 numbers on the layout.
-A specific type of roulette wheel construction that works electronically. Also called Automated roulette machine or Rapid roulette.
– French term for the Straight-up Bet or an inside bet on one number.
– French term for the favourable option offered at some single-zero roulette tables. The player does not lose his/her even-money bets if the zero shows. Instead, the bet is locked up (imprisoned) for another spin. If the bet wins, it is returned fully. If the bet loses, the house collects it.
– Roulette wheel that has only a single zero (0) and a number sequence of (clockwise starting with 0): 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26.
– A wager that one of the even numbers will win the next spin.
– A bet that pays off at one to one. In roulette Red, Black, Odd, Even, Low, and High bets all pay even money.
– A bet that has no mathematical edge for either side. In roulette, this can only come from wheel biases and croupier biases, as all layout bets have an
unyielding house advantage.
– A game where neither the house nor the player has the edge. Roulette is not a Fair Game.
– Can only be made on the American Wheel and is a single wager that 0, 00, 1, 2, or 3 will hit next. The single worst bet in roulette.
– A wheel that has been rigged (by either player or the casino).
– Chips valued at $25.
– A wager that one of the high numbers (19-36) will win the next spin.
– Early version of roulette.
– A table where the players have been winning.
– The mathematical edge that the casino has on a given bet.
– French term for the Odd Bet or a wager that one of the odd numbers will win the next spin.
– A bet made on the central, numbered portion of the roulette layout.
– Similar to en prison, but in this case the player loses half the bet and does not have the option of leaving the bet en prison for another spin.
– A wager that one of six numbers (two rows of three numbers separated by a line on the layout) will win.
– A wager that one of the low numbers (1-18) will win the next spin.
– French term for Low Bet.
-Roulette betting strategy where a lost bet results in a small incremental increase in the next stake. A total of ten numbers in a line are erased leading to a win of ten units.
Money at Risk
– Money that has been wagered and can be lost.
– A five-dollar chip that is usually red.
– French term for Black Bet.
– A wager that one of the odd numbers will win the next spin.
– The likelihood of an event happening.
On the Square
– A game that is honest.
– One of the 2-to-1 or even-money bets found on the outside of the roulette layout.
– French term for Even Bet.
– To double one’s bet after a win.
– French term for High Bet.
– Any system of wagering where you increase bets after a win.
– French term for first and refers to the first group of 12 numbers in the Dozen Bet.
– A wager that one of four numbers will be hit on the next spin. Same as Corner Bet and Square Bet.
– Chips valued at $25. Usually green.
– An even-money bet that the next number will be red.
– Casino chips worth five dollars.
– French term for Red Bet.
– Dividing the wheel into sections based upon which numbers have been hitting for discovering biases.
– A given period of play at a casino game. Usually terminated at a predetermined time, or at a certain level of wins or losses.
– See European Wheel.
Six Number Bet
– Same as Line Bet.
– French term for a Six-Number or Line Bet.
– A single bet that one of two particular numbers will hit on the next spin.
Straight Up Bet
– An inside bet on one number.
– A bet that one of three particular numbers will hit on the next spin.
– The option whereby a casino only takes half a player’s losing wager on the even-money bets when the 0 or 00 hits. Few US casinos offer this.
-There two main types of tables: American and French
– French term for a Three-Number Bet or Street Bet. Also called a
Triple or Trio Bet.
– Same as Street Bet.
– The actual probability of an event happening.
Visual Wheel Tracking
– The ability to judge where the ball will land by sight.
– Another term for bet.
– Short for Roulette Wheel.
– Special chips used only for roulette.
– The portion of the roulette wheel that contains the numbered pockets.
– A roulette dealer or croupier.
– Strategies that try to exploit imperfections in the wheel in order for the player to get the edge.
– There are two main definitions for or types of Wheel-Clocking. One is to keep track of the results of roulette spins to ascertain patterns and possibility of wheel bias. The other is to visually or electronically clock the speed of the wheel in an effort to predict where the ball will land.